Hive Cascabel and The Data Dome - Coffee Sample Roaster
- Get bean temperature data with installed thermocouple
- Roast takes from 6 to 20 minutes
- Use over open flame heat source
- Gas stove is preferred (portable is fine)
- Roasts up to 170 g (6 oz) of green coffee
- Handheld operation
- Hardwood handle
- Made in USA
This is the Cascabel handheld coffee roaster by Hive Roaster with a type K thermocouple readily installed, this allows you to get bean temperature data. In addition, you will need a data bridge of some sort or a multimeter which has a thermometer function to be able to access the data.
Included with this is kit comes a Purity Dome as well, so when you want to just use your senses to roast you can do so without any wires.
A love of the finest coffee drove the invention of the Hive Roaster. This patent pending design produces the most deliciously roasted coffee available in your kitchen with limited smoke and very little mess.
The basic principal to the smoke incineration of the Hive Roaster design:
Hot air from the open flame rises up through the incineration tower in the center of the roaster. The hot air combines with the smoke from the beans. The resulting mixture is hot enough that the carbon in the smoke burns up as it exits the roaster.
The advantage of this is that the amount of smoke produced by the unit is greatly reduced to the point where it is no longer offensive. Aroma from the beans and the smell of caramelizing sugar from the Maillard reaction will fill your home. No more acrid smoke. Your home will smell like fresh baked cookies!
Some of the hot air does not exit the roaster right away and this is the key to how well this unit roasts beans. Your coffee is provided with both conductive heat and convection heat so the beans roast more evenly, faster and with exquisite flavor.
VIDEO: How to roast coffee with the Hive Roaster:
- Brand Hive Roaster
- Product number 10438
Hive Cascabel - Smoke Incinerating Coffee Roasting Chamber:
- Height: 10.8 cm (4.25 inches)
- Length: 33 cm (13 inches)
- Diameter: 15.2 cm (6 inches)
- Weight: 397 g (14 ounces)
- Shell: 26 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel
- Handle Frame: 314 Tubular Stainless Steel
- Chaff Screen: 304 Stainless Steel
- Hardwood handle
- Made in USA from domestically produced materials
- 3000 to 5000 BTU input required for optimum results